Alpha-Liberty Company, Inc. is monitoring the impact that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having worldwide, as well as within the United States and in our community. Please be assured that the health and safety of our employees and customers is our top priority. We want our customers to know that we remain committed to service and support.
At this time, our laboratory is staffed, and our technicians are meeting the on-site needs of our customers. Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and state and local governments, we are taking precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and respiratory illness. These provisions include:
- social distancing of employees and individual workspaces within our laboratory, office, and our customer’s sites,
- performing enhanced cleaning of workspaces and laboratory equipment in the Alpha-Liberty laboratory and office,
- encouraging regular hand washing as frequently as possible,
- issuing masks and other personal protective equipment to be worn by employees,
- symptom testing and requiring sick employees to stay home; office employees are equipped to work remotely.
We have tested this scenario as part of our risk management plan within our ISO17025:2017 accreditation, and we are equipped to maintain our high-quality service.
Alpha-Liberty is operating as part of critical industry per the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS). On 19 March 2020, the DHS Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) issued Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce: Ensuring Community and National Resilience in COVID-19 Response (v 1.0) on critical industry workforce that should continue as the country addresses and responds to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Additionally, Alpha-Liberty is in compliance with the following executive orders:
- State of Illinois: COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8 (2020-10) [Section 5 (d), Section 9, and Section 12 (1, CISA List) (t)].
- State of Indiana: Directive for Hoosiers to Stay at Home (20-08) [Section 7 (d), Section 11, Section 14 (a, CISA List) (c) (u)].
- Commonwealth of Kentucky: Executive Order: State of Emergency (2020-257) [Section 1 (a, CISA List) (c)(p)].
- State of Ohio: Department of Health Director’s Stay at Home Order [Section 9, Section 12 (a, CISA List) (q)(v)].
Alpha-Liberty provides critical maintenance and repair support to food and beverage manufacturing, farming, utilities, pharmaceutical companies, and healthcare, which are among the 16 essential critical industries described in the guidance.
Alpha-Liberty will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, along with recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and federal, state, and local governments. Our continued actions will be responsible and adaptive to this continuously changing situation. We appreciate your business and are ready to help meet your needs.